Plans for the weekPosted: July 1, 2011
Dear Bloombergville and Friends,
This is a report from Thursday’s mini-General Assembly:
1. Bloombergville continues, but we are in transition:
– A slightly smaller core will maintain the encampment through the long weekend. All who can will provide support.
2. Serious fundraising will commence to pay fines for the Bloombergville 13: $120×13=$1,560.
– We will aggressively reach out to all supporters for help
– Onsite collections, after daily expenses, will be devoted to the Bloombergville 13 Fund.
3. Two offsite meetings are planned for next week: Tuesday & Thursday at the Solidarity Center.
– Reflection & Evaluation: How we did it, Where we are, where we want to go
– Next Steps: Practical Proposals to build the movement against austerity
4. A BIG BOOGY-DOWN PARTY: Celebrate our victories, and help raise funds for the BBV13.
– Special Honorees: Our Fearless & Fabulous Legal Team from the Solidarity Center and the National Lawyers Guild
See you Tuesday, if not before!
Place: Solidarity Center, 55 W. 17th St., Fifth Floor